Sunday, October 31, 2010

This Is Halloween!

Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year! It's the one time of year when you can dress up and pretend to be whoever you want to be... pirate, ninja, wizard or knight!

In 2008, Heather and I dressed as a pirate and his wench. Last year, we were the Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood. This year, Heather was Medusa and I was a Spartan soldier, turned to stone.

The costumes took a lot of time, but we had fun with them. My armor was made from cardboard and poster board, and Heather made my helmet from a milk jug, cardboard and duct tape. The whole thing was spray-painted with "stone look" paint. I'm pretty pleased with it. Heather spent hours braiding green yarn from her vast knitting stash into dreads, which of course are representative of snakes. We made a few strands of Sculpey beads and snake heads to finish off the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover